Only a few months into the year, 2020 is already proving to be more exciting than ever. This March, RoSPA will be launching our first ever Awards Excellence Forum in India. Taking place on Tuesday, March 24, at Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Campus in Chennai, India. This free event is a phenomenal example of just how far the RoSPA Health & Safety Awards scheme reaches across the globe.
Hosting this international event is International Awards Ambassador Stephen Storey. With over 27 years of experience in the health and safety industry, combined with his rich RoSPA Award winning history, Stephen will be presenting an overview of the awards scheme.
Awards Excellence Forums provide a platform for existing and potential Award winners to share their success, to enter into mentoring arrangements, to improve their standing in the RoSPA Awards, to ask questions and learn more and to gain valuable CPD hours.
What is the theme for the event?
Sharing safety excellence, something which RoSPA’s own Dr Karen McDonnell, is a huge advocate of. As Karen often says, “when we share success, we become stronger and more resilient” and “being connected with others is so fundamentally important… different perspectives help shape the next steps.”
Some of the topics being discussed include:
- Policy Driving Excellence Delivering Change – Presented by Karen McDonnell Occupational Safety and Health Policy Adviser, RoSPA, UK
- Overview of the RoSPA Awards – Presented by Stephen Storey L&T Corporate EHS Head(HCI IC), RoSPA Awards Ambassador, Chennai, India
- RoSPA Award Winner Case Study – Kakraper Nuclear Power Plant, Gujarat, India
- Global Opportunities for professional growth for HSE Professionals – Presented by Ajay Sachdeva Regional Vice President -Region IX ASSP, India
- The Safety Challenges when Working in Remote and Linear Projects – Presented by Nigel Wirtz EHS Director WDFCC Rail Project, Rajasthan, India
- Evolution of EHS towards Sustainability and Benefits of IEMA UK Corporate Membership/Training – Presented by Gagan Pattnaik (CEnv and MIEMA), Environment Head (L&T HCI IC)
- Going Underground – TBM/Tunnel Safety – Presented by Russel Brown Director L&T Tunnel Excellence Academy Director, Chennai, India
- Digital Medical Screening L&T Case Study – Presented by Sharmila Devadoss MD MedIoTek Health Systems Pvt. Ltd, Chennai, India
If you’re interested in attending the event, please contact Dawn Thomson at [email protected]. Please note, this event is exclusive to RoSPA Award Winners and potential award entrants. To find out more about how to become part of our RoSPA Awards community, visit www.rospa.com/awards